Sarah Beckstrom, one of the national guard troops shot in Washington DC on Wednesday, has died, Donald Trump said on Thursday.

Beckstrom, 20, was one of two members of the national guards shot near the White House in a targeted attack. The other member, Andrew Wolfe, 24, is still fighting for his life, according to the president.

Beckstrom’s father had told the New York Times in a phone call earlier in the day that his daughter was unlikely to recover. “I’m holding her hand right now,” Gary Beckstrom said. “She has a mortal wound. It’s not going to be a recovery.”

Both Beckstrom and Wolfe belonged to the West Virginia National Guard, which deployed hundreds of troops to Washington as part of Trump’s crime-fighting mission in the capital.

  • Bone@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    151
    arrow-down
    2
    ·
    2 days ago

    Deployed on a bogus mission just to have this outcome. Ordered by a felon rapist president, who found bone spurs when it came time for his duty. He should also be sitting in a prison cell due to his insurrection activities. Instead, he gets to send youngsters to die for nothing.

    • kmartburrito@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      75
      ·
      2 days ago

      He should have been put in front of a firing squad when he and Epstein raped a 13 year old girl. Then this would have never happened. Stolen justice.

    • Madison420@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      28
      ·
      2 days ago

      They never found bone spurs, that was just the claim to get a 4f. I believe his personal doctor provided a note like many politically connected or wealthy families did.